Friday, September 15, 2017

Plasma Conversion

I know this blog does not get as much traffic as in previous years but I am hoping for a little help.
I am working on new Plasmagun conversions as I don't have any more meltagun models.  Here are 3 potential poses.  They are just test models and I will fill some of the gaps with green stuff, etc.  I am wondering what your opinions are.  I am personally partial to the pose on the left.  However, the pose on the right looks more like the pose of the meltagun model. Let me know what you think so I can start cranking them out.

Thursday, September 14, 2017

COL Straken Conversion

Here is a conversion I did for my COL Straken.  It was actually very simple.  It utilized the Praetorian Lieutenant, a space marine plasma pistol, and the old Straken model.  Here are the original models before any work was done.

 Next I cut the arm off of the Lieutenant right at the epaulet. I also removed the bolt pistol which surprisingly left the holster details.  I trimmed the hand from the plasma pistol and glued it on.  It was a good fit.

Finally, I cut the Straken model's shotgun arm just below the elbow.  I actually started above the elbow but found that it was too much.  I slowly started removing metal until I found the right fit.  Here is a front and back view of the final model.

I think it is a convincing substitute and can't wait to get it painted up.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Updated Paint Progress

As promised, here is my latest painting status. Not too much progress but I got a lot of squads primed.

I also converted up a COL Straken and a SGT Harker.  I will post some pics of them once I upload the photos.