Sunday, April 8, 2012

1st Three Squads Painted

Well I finally got off my lazy butt and started painting.  I was prompted by an upcoming league that is requiring minimum of 3 colors to play.  So without further ado here is a sampling of my models.
 
 Sorry that some of them are blurry.  I don't have the best camera.  Anyway, there are 3 identical squads of "Veterans" armed with 3 meltaguns.  They will be embarked on Chimeras.  These will not be my final Veterans once my whole army is complete.  I am just trying to get an army painted quickly so I am going for 6 Veteran Squads.  The next 3 will be armed with plasmaguns using the fantastic tutorial located here:  Gravis Plasma Conversion

For anyone interested, Here is my color pallet;
Blood Red- Tunic and Stripe on Pants
Mordian Blue- Pants
Iyanden Dark Sun- Eppaulettes and Trimming
Chaos Black- Boots
Skull White- Helmet and Belt
Elf Flesh- Flesh
Mithril Silver- All Metal
Calthan Brown- Weapons

Once all the base coats were put on, I brushed on polyurethane stain over the entire model then sprayed with dull coat.  Let me know what you think of the results.  I know that "dipping" is sometimes considered a no-no in the community, but I am pleased with the results.  The only thing I think I need to do is add detail to the mouths and eyes.  I hope you enjoy.


5 comments:

  1. These look really good, I'm not a fan of dipping myself, having just got back into the hobby it's the modding and painting of models that I love the most, but everybody is different. If this is what you want your guys to look like than they look good and who really cares how you did it. My only thoughts would be the flesh could do with being darker, tallarn maybe, as at the minute their faces are blending into the helmets on those photos and I also would have used a less bright metal such as bolt gun as the guns look a little too bright to me. But again all personal opinion. An army of these will look great, look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work Sir!

    I like the scorching effect on the melta-guns

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic, I love em! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the skin. I think tallarn may be too dark. I guess that is the downside of dipping. It kind of blended the two colors together. I am happy with the rest of the model so I am not going to complain too much. Maybe after I get the rest of the army done I can go back and adjust.

    ReplyDelete